Michael's Accident at Work Settles for £5,000 (Belfast)
Michael worked as a chef in Belfast when he was injured in the kitchen. Whilst he was making soup he used a large hand blender to combine ingredients when he was electrocuted. The electrical current forced him to grip the blender very tightly which caused significant pain. It took an agonizing 15 seconds before Michael could release the appliance. Following the painful incident, Michael was taken to hospital where he was kept in overnight for cardiac monitoring.
Following the accident, Michael suffered pain and weakness in his arms and shoulders. The pain was particularly bad in the first 6 weeks. As a result, he took 2 weeks off work. Michael also had problems sleeping as he constantly relived the incident in his mind which resulted in feeling constantly tired and lacking energy.
Michael contacted Paschal O’Hare Solicitors
Michael approached us with the view to claim for compensation. We contacted his employer who admitted liability for the electrocution. We had our new client examined by a consultant orthopaedic surgeon and a consultant psychiatrist who provided medical reports to be used as evidence. We then entered negotiations and settled Michael’s case for £5,000.