Holiday Accident Claims
A holiday accident can not only disrupt your vacation plans but also have lasting physical, emotional, and financial consequences. If you’ve suffered an injury while on holiday due to someone else’s negligence, our accident abroad solicitors are here to help you make a holiday accident claim.
With over 50 years of experience, a reputation for excellence, and a commitment to client care, we’re the trusted partner you need to navigate the complexities of the holiday accident claims process and secure the compensation you deserve.
Accident abroad claims
When you’re planning a holiday, the last thing on your mind is the possibility of an accident occurring. Holidays are meant to be a time of relaxation and fun. Unfortunately, accidents abroad can happen at any time, even during a vacation.
Similarly, an illness can turn your dream vacation into a nightmare. It’s possible to suffer an illness due to the negligence of a hotel, airline or tour company while on holiday abroad.
If you’ve suffered an injury or illness while on holiday due to someone else’s negligence, you could be entitled to compensation. That’s where our accident abroad solicitors come in.
Who in Northern Ireland is eligible to make a holiday accident claim?
If you have sustained an injury during your holiday abroad you may be entitled to claim compensation from your tour operator or travel company. These companies have a duty of care to ensure your safety and wellbeing during your trip. If they fail in this duty of care due to negligence and it results in you suffering an injury, they can be held liable.
It’s important to note that the regulations that determine accident abroad claims vary depending on the country. This can impact the window that will allow you to make your claim. This is why it is best to speak with one of our holiday compensation solicitors so we can assess your particular case and help determine whether you’re able to make an accident abroad claim.
Common Injuries sustained on Holidays
There are a large range of injuries that could possibly be sustained on holiday abroad. Here are some common types of injuries that holidaymakers from Northern Ireland may suffer due to someone’s negligence:
- Slips, trips, and falls – Wet or uneven surfaces, poorly lit areas, and obstacles can lead to slipping, tripping, or falling accidents when you’re on holiday. These accidents can cause injuries ranging from minor cuts and bruises to more severe fractures, dislocations, or even head injuries.
- Swimming pool accidents – Inadequate safety measures, lack of supervision, or poorly maintained facilities can lead to accidents in and around swimming pools. Drowning, near-drowning, or slips and falls on wet surfaces can result in serious injuries or even death.
- Food poisoning – Unhygienic food handling or contaminated food can cause food poisoning when you’re abroad. This has been linked to stomach cramps, vomiting, and often diarrhoea.
- Sports and recreational accidents – Some people unfortunately are injured when they participate in recreational events organised by the hotel or resort facilities. Poorly maintained equipment and inadequate safety measures can result in accidents. These might involve fractures, dislocations, broken bones as well as head injuries.
- Accidents on excursions or day trips – Some hotels and resorts organise excursions for their guests. Poorly maintained vehicles or inadequate supervision can lead to accidents. This can result in a variety of injuries including broken bones and even fatalities.
This is by no means an exhaustive list. If you suffered any injury while on a package holiday, speak with our solicitors today.
Common places where holiday accident occur
Some common places where holiday accidents happen include:
- Cruise ships
- Cafeterias in hotels
- Inside hotel rooms
This is by no means an exhaustive list. If you suffered an injury abroad at these or other locations, reach out to our accident abroad solicitors to see whether you can claim for your injuries.
How to make a holiday sickness and injury claim
If you were made sick or where injured on a holiday broad, here are some steps you can take before making a compensation claim:
- Seek medical attention: Your health should always come first. Please immediately seek medical attention if you’re injured.
- Report the accident: You should then report your accident to the hotel or resort. It’s also important to ask for a copy of the accident report.
- Reach out to a personal injury solicitor: A personal injury solicitor can help you navigate the complicated process of making an international compensation claim
Our solicitors can then begin the holiday accident claims process:
- Initial consultation: During your initial consultation, we’ll discuss the details of your accident and assess the viability of your claim. We’ll also answer any questions you have and provide guidance on the next steps as these types of holiday injury claims can be slightly different from your typical compensation claims.
- Gathering evidence: We’ll collect evidence such as medical records, photos, accident reports from the hotel/resort, and any relevant documentation. This information will help us establish liability and demonstrate the extent of your injuries.
- Calculating compensation: We’ll assess the financial impact of your injuries, including medical expenses, lost income, and any future support you may require. This will help us determine the appropriate amount of holiday accident compensation we will fight for on your behalf.
- Negotiating with the responsible party: We’ll enter into negotiations with the party responsible for your accident to reach a fair and reasonable settlement. Our skilled accident abroad solicitors will strive to secure the maximum compensation possible for your injuries.
If you’ve been injured and need representation, reach out to our team in Belfast, Glengormley, and Carrickfergus to learn how we can help.
Why choose a personal injury solicitor to deal with your holiday sickness or injury?
Making a holiday accident claim can be complicated, particularly if the accident occurred outside of Northern Ireland. A personal injury solicitor can help you understand your rights and navigate the legal process of making a claim.
Our team of expert solicitors can deal with translating documents, finding comparable overseas injury awards, and ensuring your rights are protected even when travelling abroad. With their guidance, you can get the compensation you deserve for medical bills, lost earnings, pain and suffering, and other damages.
If you’re involved in a holiday accident, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team. Our experienced personal injury solicitors can help you understand your rights and guide you through the process of making a compensation claim.
How Paschal O’Hare can help with your holiday accident claim
At Paschal O’Hare Personal Injury Solicitors, we understand how stressful and traumatic a holiday accident can be. That’s why we’re dedicated to helping you receive the compensation you deserve, so they can focus on their recovery and move on from their accident.
With over 50 years of experience as personal injury solicitors, we have built up a wealth of expertise in dealing with holiday accident claims. We understand the legal process and the complexities that can arise in cases involving accidents abroad.
When you choose Paschal O’Hare Personal Injury Solicitors to handle your holiday accident claim, you’re choosing a firm with a proven track record of success, a wealth of experience, and a commitment to delivering exceptional client care. Here’s what sets Paschal O’Hare apart from other solicitor firms:
1. Expertise and Experience
With over half a century of experience, Paschal O’Hare has built a formidable reputation in the field of personal injury law. Our team of highly qualified solicitors are well-versed in the complexities of holiday accident claims, and we know how to navigate the legal system to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients.
2. A Personalised Approach
We understand that each client and their circumstances are unique. That’s why we take the time to get to know you and your specific case. We’ve found this ensures that we provide tailored legal advice and representation that meets your individual needs. Our compassionate and attentive approach ensures that you feel supported and well-informed throughout the entire accident abroad claims process.
3. Client Care
At Paschal O’Hare, we pride ourselves on our commitment to exceptional client care. We understand that pursuing a holiday accident claim can be a daunting and stressful experience, which is why we go above and beyond to make the process as seamless and stress-free as possible. Our clients have attested to this via our remarkably positive Trustpilot reviews. Our friendly and approachable team is always on hand to answer your questions, provide updates on your case via our app, and offer support whenever you need it.
If you’re involved in a holiday accident and need legal representation, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. Our team of accident abroad solicitors are here to help you every step of the way.
Don’t let a holiday accident define your future. Contact Paschal O’Hare Personal Injury Solicitors today or visit our offices in Belfast, Glengormley, and Carrickfergus to discuss your case and take the first step on the road to recovery.
“Holiday accidents can cause a massive disruption when you’re trying to enjoy your time abroad. We are here to help our clients find a way through and get them the compensation they deserve. ”
Choose Our Specialist Accident Abroad Solicitors
When you choose Paschal O’Hare Personal Injury Solicitors, you can be confident that you are choosing experts in the field. We have a proven track record of success in holiday accident claim cases and have helped many clients to receive the compensation they deserve.
Holiday Accident Claims FAQs
You can typically claim compensation for a holiday accident that occurred abroad if it was part of a holiday package. However, the laws that apply will depend on where the accident occurred and the circumstances of the accident. It’s important to contact our personal injury solicitors who are experienced in dealing with accident abroad claims to guide you through the process.
The length of time you have to make a claim will determine by where the accident took place. The regulation can vary from country to country so it is best to speak with one of our solicitors to help determine whether you’re eligible to make an injury claim.
You may still be able to claim compensation for a holiday accident even if it were partly your fault. However, the amount of compensation you receive may be reduced depending on your contribution to the accident. If you are unsure about whether you are at fault for the accident, reach out to our accident abroad solicitors today.
The circumstances of your injury will determine the amount of compensation you may receive. For example, if your injury was relatively minor but caused some pain and discomfort, you would receive less compensation than if your injury was serious and caused long-term suffering or disability. The key is being able to prove that the tour operator was at fault and failed in their duty to ensure reasonable safety precautions and care.
It’s possible that you may have to attend court for your holiday accident claim. However, the majority of claims are settled outside of court through negotiations with insurers.
“No Win No Fee” is not permitted in Northern Ireland. If you win your claim, an insurer would typically cover all the fees associated with your claim.
Daniella was involved in a trip accident while visiting a shopping centre in Belfast. As she was turning to leave the shopping centre, she suddenly
While shopping at a grocery store in Belfast, John was injured in a slip and fall accident. As he pushed his cart down the soft
Mary was involved in a fall accident when she was walking to a shop in Newtownabbey. She was walking down steps leading to the shop