Child Injury Claims in Northern Ireland
At Paschal O’Hare Personal Injury Solicitors, we understand that nothing is more distressing than seeing a child suffer an injury. Unfortunately, accidents can happen anywhere and it’s important to know that there is legal support available to help you navigate through the process of making a child injury claim in Northern Ireland.
With over 50 years of experience, our solicitors have extensive experience handling accident injury claims involving children. We understand how difficult such situations can be for children and their families. Please contact us if your child has been injured. We’re ready to help.
Child Injury Claims Solicitors in Northern Ireland
When it comes to child injury claims, having a solicitor who specialises in this specific area is critical. At Paschal O’Hare Solicitors, we have solicitors who have successfully handled numerous cases involving children. We understand the unique challenges and sensitivities that come with these cases, and we approach each one with the care and empathy it rightly deserves.
Our firm has over 50 years of experience helping parents and guardians pursue child injury claims in Northern Ireland. We’ll handle every aspect of the claim process for you, so you can concentrate on your child’s recovery. If you want to make a claim, we’re here to support you every step of the way.
Who can make a child injury claim in Northern Ireland?
If your child is under the age of 18, they are not able to make a claim themselves. However, as a parent or legal guardian, you have the right to make a claim on behalf of your child.
You can make a claim if your child sustained injuries:
- At school, nursery or at creche.
- On a private property, like at a shopping centre
- In a road traffic accident
- Due to a defective product
The injury must have been caused wholly or partly by another party’s negligence or breach of their duty of care towards your child. Our solicitors will help determine if you’ve grounds to make an injury claim after reviewing the details of your case. Begin the child injury claim process by calling us or visiting our offices in Belfast, Glengormley, and Carrickfergus.
Common injuries suffered by children in Northern Ireland
Children are vulnerable to various types of injuries, and some can have a lasting impact on their physical and emotional health. Some of the common injuries suffered by children in Northern Ireland include:
- Broken bones: Children are often involved in accidents that result in fractures or broken bones, typically from falls from a height.
- Head injuries: head and brain injuries can have severe consequences for a child’s development and quality of life. These injuries can occur in car accidents and falls.
- Burns and scalds: Young kids are at risk of burns due to their curiosity and lack of awareness.
There are many other types of accidents that children can unfortunately suffer from. If your child was involved in an accident that wasn’t their fault, get in touch with our solicitors today to see how we can help.
What are the time limits for making a claim?
As the parent or guardian of a child that was injured in Northern Ireland, you are typically entitled to make a child accident compensation claim on their behalf from the date of the accident until their 18th birthday. However, if a claim hasn’t been made by the time the child turns 18, they typically have an additional 3 years to make a personal injury claim themselves.
However, it’s important to note that it’s best to start the claims as soon as possible to ensure the best chance of a successful outcome. We would advise reaching out to our solicitors today to see how we can help.
How much compensation can I receive for an accident involving a child?
The amount of compensation awarded in child injury claims depends on various factors, including the severity of the injury, the impact on the child’s life, and any future care or treatment needs. Compensation may cover:
- Pain and suffering: This includes physical and emotional pain caused by the injury.
- Medical expenses: Compensation can include reimbursement for medical bills and therapy/rehabilitation.
- Future care costs: If the injury has long-term consequences, compensation may cover the costs of ongoing care.
Our website features a compensation calculator that provides some general information about the amount of compensation that you might be entitled to. However, it’s important to speak with one of our solicitors about your claim in order for us to assess the specific details of your case and provide a more accurate estimate of the potential compensation you may receive.
Will it cost me anything to make a claim involving a child?
You typically don’t pay anything for bringing a personal injury claim involving a child in Northern Ireland. If you win your claim, the other party’s insurers would usually cover all costs associated with your claim. If you have any questions about the process, please feel free to reach out to our solicitors or visit us in our offices in Belfast, Glengormley, and Carrickfergus.
How can our child accident solicitors help?
Our experienced child accident solicitors are here to guide and support you throughout the entire child accident claims process. We understand the emotional toll that an accident involving a child can take on a family. We’re committed to providing the compassionate and expert legal service that you deserve.
Here’s how our child accident solicitors can help:
- Free initial consultation: Our firm offers free initial consultation to discuss your case and answer any questions you might have.
- Gathering evidence: We’ll gather all the necessary evidence to support your claim, including medical records and witness statements.
- Expert advice: Our solicitors have been helping people across Northern Ireland for over 50 years, so we can provide you with expert advice and guidance throughout the claims process.
- Negotiating with insurance companies: We will handle all communication and negotiations with insurance companies on your behalf.
- Court representation: In the event that your case goes to court, our solicitors will provide strong representation to fight for your child’s rights and ensure that they receive the compensation they deserve.
At Paschal O’Hare Personal Injury Solicitors, our solicitors are standing ready to help families in Northern Ireland seek justice and compensation for child injuries. Our compassionate and experienced solicitors are here to support you every step of the way. If you have any questions or want to make a child injury claim, reach out to us today. We’re here to help.
“We are here to help our clients find a way through and get them the compensation they deserve. ”
Choose Our Child Injury Claims Solicitors in Northern Ireland
When you choose Paschal O’Hare Personal Injury Solicitors, you can be confident that you are choosing experts in the field. We have a proven track record of success in child injury claim cases and have helped many clients to receive the compensation they deserve.
James was walking to his place of work when he tripped over a defective manhole cover inserted in the pavement. He was injured and attended
Daniella was involved in a trip accident while visiting a shopping centre in Belfast. As she was turning to leave the shopping centre, she suddenly
While shopping at a grocery store in Belfast, John was injured in a slip and fall accident. As he pushed his cart down the soft