Everyday people across Northern Ireland are involved in accidents with drivers who were merging into traffic. These types of accidents can be a traumatic experience for responsible drivers who are without fault. In this blog, we try to provide some guidance for those that have been involved in an accident with a vehicle merging into traffic.
Common injuries sustained in merging traffic accidents
One of the riskiest driving manoeuvres is merging into traffic since it requires changing from one lane to another in the face of moving traffic. Because of the reduced visibility of drivers that merge into traffic, it’s possible for these drivers to crash into cars on the roads and motorways, resulting in a number of different types of injuries including:
- Whiplash: One of the most frequent injuries in collisions involving vehicles entering traffic from the side is this one. These injuries result from the abrupt backward and forward movement of the head and neck. .
- Broken Bones: Broken bones can arise from collisions when merging into traffic, especially if the impact is severe. Arms, legs, and ribs are frequently damaged in such situations.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: When the head is struck or shaken during an accident, traumatic brain injury (TBI) can occur. Injuries can range from concussions to severe brain injury.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Injury to the spinal cord during a road traffic accident can result in partial or total paralysis.
- Internal Injuries: Internal injuries, such as organ damage or internal bleeding, can result from the force of an impact during a merge with a traffic accident.
Even if you don’t experience any pain or other symptoms after an accident, it’s still crucial to get medical help right away. Some injuries, including whiplash and traumatic brain injuries, may not exhibit any symptoms right away but can manifest later on.
How our injury solicitors can help with your merging traffic accident claim
Personal injury solicitors can provide crucial support and guidance throughout the claims processes. Our solicitors can aid you in making an informed choice on whether you can claim against a driver that caused an accident when they merged into traffic and we can explain the legal procedure to you.
We have experience negotiating agreements on our clients behalf. We will work tirelessly to secure the compensation you are entitled to, taking into account the severity of your losses and injuries as well as any other important circumstances.
Hiring a personal injury solicitors has a number of advantages, including:
- Expertise: Personal injury solicitors have a deep understanding of the legal system and can guide you through the merging accident claims process.
- Experience: Our firm has over 50 years of experience representing injury victims across Northern Ireland and are well-equipped to handle even the most complex merging accident cases.
- Support: We provide emotional support by organising replacement vehicles and ensure you receive the medical attention you deserve.
Merging traffic accident injury claims in Northern Ireland can be a complex and challenging process. It’s crucial to select the best personal injury solicitors for your case because their knowledge, experience, and abilities will determine how well your claim turns out.
With the help of personal injury solicitors at Paschal O’Hare, you can navigate the legal system with confidence and secure the compensation you deserve. If you have been involved in a traffic accident with a driver merging into traffic, contact our team today to discuss your options.