Ian was a metalworker by trade. During the course of his employment, he worked for various companies, during which time he came into contact with asbestos. In particular, he was in close contact with asbestos which was used to lag pipes. Unfortunately, in 2007 he was diagnosed with Mesothelioma. This condition inevitably carries a poor prognosis. Unfortunately, the Plaintiff passed away a year later. A claim for damages was pursued by his next of kin against numerous employers where he was exposed to asbestos when a family member learned of Paschal O’Hare Solicitors track record of success in pursuing similar claims.
We commissioned a medical report from a consultant chest physician, whose opinion was that the Plaintiff died from mesothelioma caused by his previous asbestos exposure. The next of kin was entitled to compensation for the pain and suffering which the Plaintiff endured, as well as a claim for dependency and funeral expenses. The matter ultimately settled in the sum of £130,000. This case highlights the devastating consequences of a diagnosis of mesothelioma.
If you or a loved one has been affected by asbestos, learn more about our service or contact us for a free no obligation discussion.